Off Topic A place to boldy go off topic of Corvette's. almost anything goes!

The Bowtie Lounge

Old 08-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Default The Bowtie Lounge

Hey folks, just for fun (and I hope it's OK with the folks runnin' the place here) I thought it might be a neat idea to have one thread where we can go to just post fun unrelated Corvette stuff, like a joke of the day or whathaveyou. A place to go to find a smile when you need one, sorta thing.

We can keep this very clean and tasteful and yet still provide a laugh here and there. To start with, here's some material regarding the beloved Yugo.

[hr]
How do you make a Yugo go faster?
A towtruck.

[hr]
What do you call the shock absorbers inside a Yugo?
Passengers.

[hr]
Two guys in a Yugo were arrested last night in Oakland following a push-by shooting incident.

[hr]
The new Yugo has an air bag. When you sense an impending accident, start pumping real fast.

[hr]
A friend went to a dealer the other day and said, "I'd like a gas cap for my Yugo." The dealer replied, "Okay. Sounds like a fair trade."

[hr]
I have also said for years that the car is named because "Yugo, but it doesn't".

[hr]
How can you get a Yugo to do 60 miles an hour?
Push it over a cliff.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: The Bowtie Lounge

Yo.... HO....Ho!!!
Love it !!!

How do you get a one armed Mustang owner out of a tree?

You wave at him!

Old 08-15-2006, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: C3 Starship

Yo.... HO....Ho!!!
Love it !!!

How do you get a one armed Mustang owner out of a tree?

You wave at him!
*snarfs coffee on monitor* Bwaaaahaahahha!!!! Oh my God, my sides hurt!! *wipes eyes*

How 'bout this for a cat who ain't sure if he/she's comin' or goin'???
Name:  long_neck_cat.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  16.3 KB

Old 08-15-2006, 05:19 PM

Hey, bro, a question for you? Me and Mrs. TopSpeed were yakkin' the other day about cars in general. We have a Dodge SX 2.0 R/T that is my wife's car that we bought brand new. It's basically the same thing as a Neon, with the R/T package. For a four banger, this car is pretty cool with full leather and all that...

Anyways, on the highway, the Dodge is spinnin' about 3K at speed. The 'Vette is spinning about 1,600. Barely idlin'. So, my point was that the 'Vette was engineered to do around 150mph, and the SX/Neon was engineered to do around 90mph. With that being said, we typically are "using" 70% of the Neon's capabilities on the highways, but not even 30% of the 'Vettes.

What percentage of the car would you say that you typically "use" day-to-day whilst enjoyin' it?

The reason I babble about all this is because I haven't even come close to comin' CLOSE to findin' out what this car is capable of, and I know exactly what our SX/Neon is capable of... don't ask.

Old 08-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Oh boy..... probably around 20 to 30%. If I really screw it on, I only get about 80%. By then I'm in the next turn!!! Then the suspension takes over and I guess about 60% of that, since I don't lay too hard into the turns. I haven't found "The Razor's Edge" for the Starship, and ah don' thin' ah wan'ta!!!

Old 08-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Saw a cat somethin' like that once, he just came out from under the hood of my '70 Chev 4wd.
Wasn't as cute as this one though!!! From the sound, I thought the carb had just blown off the block!!! Hell of a bang on the inside of my hood!!!

Old 08-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get to the other side!

Why are there dead possums all over the road?

The chickens are usein' them to check for traffic!!!

Old 08-15-2006, 07:07 PM

Two peanuts walked into a bar. One was a salted

A man walks into a bar with a piece of asphalt under his arm. He goes up to the bartender and says "i'll have two beers. One for me, and one for the road!"

How do you sink a polish ship?
Put it in water.

Where do you find a one legged dog?
Right where you left it.

Thats is from me for today guys lol. I had my fun

Old 08-15-2006, 07:39 PM

Oh boy..... probably around 20 to 30%. If I really screw it on, I only get about 80%. By then I'm in the next turn!!! Then the suspension takes over and I guess about 60% of that, since I don't lay too hard into the turns. I haven't found "The Razor's Edge" for the Starship, and ah don' thin' ah wan'ta!!!
I hear ya, my friend! I lose nerve far far far before the car starts to tell me "Yer goin' too fast, pal!" Ain't it grand, though, knowin' you got plenty more to go when yer carvin' up the roads???

Old 08-15-2006, 07:41 PM

Saw a cat somethin' like that once, he just came out from under the hood of my '70 Chev 4wd.
Wasn't as cute as this one though!!! From the sound, I thought the carb had just blown off the block!!! Hell of a bang on the inside of my hood!!!
Sounds like kitty done and went got hisself a nasty headache!!! Who was more surprised.. you, or the cat??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Bowtie Lounge